Most cosplayers on Facebook may have come across some drama that unfolded on a 'cosplay page', but for those who haven't I'll show you.www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi…
This picture was posted up, and has since been deleted off their page due to the massive backlash. I can't even begin to comprehend what made them post it up. And I can't tell if the picture is pointing at overweight people, westerners, or both. Either way it's sickening.
Time and time again I see this bullshit. Even searching up cosplays on google, you see images of cosplayers being ridiculed for a 'bad choice'. Yes, I've said many times that one should choose their costumes wisely, but that should NEVER limit someone. I think we all have to remember why we cosplay- why we're all part of this subculture.
1. A means to escape the real world
2. A way to express your love and passion for a series
3. A chance to test your technical and/or artistic skills
4. An excuse to be a youngin', to have fun, and to be broke (lol)
5. A chance to meet new and old friends
I don't see any 'a chance to be bullied' or 'a chance to be a cunt' up there. And if you feel that way, get the fuck out of cosplay.